Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Swimming Lessons

Today Maggie Grace had her first swimming lesson. Yesterday was Ben's birthday and Maggie Grace gave him 6 Baby and Me swimming lessons. This would be a chance for daddy and daughter to get to spend some real quality time bonding. I had been so excited all morning for the both of them, finally it was 11:30, time to go to the pool. Ben and Maggie Grace went in his car and I went in mine, so I could complete some paperwork and help him get her situated if he needed it. In all honesty, I was hoping he would ask if I wanted to stay and watch, and he did, YEAH! She was by far the youngest of maybe four other children. The first thing they did when they got in the pool was float around using a noodle. She was content but unsure. Then the parents and children got in a circle and sang a welcome song. About ten minutes had passed and I decided I better leave and let them do their thing without mommy watching. Ben and Maggie Grace finally got home around 12:30, MG was sound to sleep in the car, it was only a three minute ride home, but she was out. Ben said she had a ball. Just like gym class she was a lot more interested in what everyone else was doing. He said she put her head under the water and was okay with it. She let the instructor hold her without a problem. In fact, Ben said they played a game, after the count of three the instructor would pass MG to him under the water. I can't wait for next weeks lesson!


No comments: