Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My Supernatural Mommy Power

I've been meaning to write about my supernatural mommy power for a bit now. Before Maggie Grace came along whenever I saw a bug and Ben was at home I'd whimper, cry, scream, for him to kill the evil bug. If he happened to be gone on a trip I'd just close the door to that particular room and hope for the best. If it was a particularly menacing bug I would hunt it down with the vacuum cleaner. Now that I have Maggie Grace my mommy powers have kicked in. I totally surprised myself last week when I saw a gigantic spider, I mean huge, easily the biggest spider I have ever seen, crawling toward her "I'm a Star" toy. My heart froze, what do I do?! I ran over grabbed a paper towel and snatched up the spider in one fell swoop. I totally surprised myself, what had I just done. In a matter of seconds I had become a mom, I had exhibited mom behavior other than changing diapers and feeding my sweet little angel. The wildest thing is, it wasn't a one time thing, since that first spider sacrifice I've killed several bugs. I don't discriminate. I've even killed while Ben has been home and witnessed it with is own eyes. It's amazing the freedom and power I now wield.


Here a couple of pictures of Maggie Grace


Here she is getting up on her hands and knees.
Some pics of Maggie Grace and her daddy


No comments: