Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Time Is Flying

Sorry I missed blogging last week, but it was for a good reason, I was deep cleaning my house. At night, after Maggie Grace went to bed, I would set the timer for one hour and really clean a room. In the laundry room, I moved the washer and dryer and cleaned under them. In the kitchen, I cleaned under the sink and the refrigerator shelves, you get the idea. During Maggie Grace's afternoon nap I would sleep too, because I was simply exhausted. This weekend I finally got some much needed rest. Ben took Maggie Grace with him to Arkansas to visit Nana and Pop Pop. I stayed behind so I could hear John Rosemond, a parenting expert, speak at my church. I missed my little girl and my hubby so much, it was so quiet around here. Other than going to church Saturday afternoon, pretty much the only thing I did all weekend was read. I actually read a book from beginning to end in one weekend, I can't tell you the last time I did that. Although it was great having some time to myself, I was ecstatic to see my family Monday morning.
I'm tackling a new project this week, getting my pictures in order. I ran across a screaming deal on Snapfish for 100 free photos and couldn't pass it up. I will now confess the unbelievable, I only printed about 20 pictures last year and that guess may be on the high end. I have all these fabulous pictures just sitting on my hard drive. I've had a lot of fun the past few days looking at all of the pictures I took last year and seeing how much Maggie Grace has grown. The above picture was taken on Valentine's Day of last year.
This picture was taken earlier this month. Oh, how time is flying by. Not only is she walking now, but she is also picking out her own clothes. This ensemble is a Maggie Grace original. In fact, one day we were getting ready for church and I was pairing a pair of pants with the same old sweater. Can you guess where this is going? I can't believe I am admitting this, but Maggie Grace had gotten into my sweaters and brought me one as I was dressing, a sweater I had never considered before, and yes I changed. I am taking clothing advice from a 1 and a half year old! Go ahead and sign me up for What Not To Wear, I've clearly lost it!

1 comment:

Neall and Becca Jackson said...

OMG that first photo looks a lot like Rose. I miss Maggie. When we tell Sol that Nanna is coming over he says "and Maggie." We can't wait to see yall again!